Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trigger and Internal work

Because of the limited number of aftermarket trigger modifications for the M&P, the one from Apex Tactical floated right to the top of the list. The only other one I am aware of is from Speed Shooter Specialties and is basically refined Smith and Wesson OEM parts. I don't have an issue going that route, but because Apex provided a full-up kit at a reasonable price (about half of what you would expect to pay for a similar Glock kit) I jumped on it.

As i have posted on my other pages, the reduction in pull weight and the vastly improved smoothness of the trigger pull was immediately apparent. The length of trigger pull is still a bit more than I would prefer, but its certainly manageable with practice. Since installing the competition kit, Apex has also brought another kit to market (the Forward Set Sear) that more closely replicates the trigger pull of a 1911, so if it becomes to much of an issue I may have to upgrade further.

Don't get me wrong, though. The CAEK is not a bad product my any stretch of the imagination; simply a different approach to creating a smooth, crisp competition trigger. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment