Thursday, October 20, 2011

In The Beginning

I started this project a while ago, but have gotten enough questions that I might as well give it its own page. The base platform for this project is a standard Smith and Wesson M&P9 semi automatic pistol. I did not opt for the longer barrel Pro or 9L versions because at the time there was no usable method for frame mounting an optic to the M&P. I have since seen that SJC has started work on just such a mount, but since my first attempt will feature a slide mounted optic I wanted to keep the slide mass to an absolute minimum to simplify the inherent limitations and spring/slide weight/load PF that would be involved in this project.

My goal here is to initially build an effective, but moderately priced open-class race gun for steel shooting. Once I have that worked out, I will probably start venturing into the higher power factor USPSA arena (not 100% that will include major PF, but we'll see how things go).

No comments:

Post a Comment