Thursday, October 20, 2011

Storm Lake Threaded Barrel

The threaded barrel offered by Storm Lake is not cheap, but not as bad as some others out there. The finish quality is very good, but a good polishing never hurt anyone. Initially there was no real issue with function, bAfter a little elbow grease and some fine grit polishing compound, the movement of the slide was noticeably smoother. Initial accuracy testing was conducted without a compensator or any spring changes, and produced about a 25% decrease in group sizes. At this point, I was able to pick off 18" targets out to 80 yards and 10" targets out to 50 yards without much trouble at all.

I believe there are other companies that make threaded M&P barrels, but as this is the only one I have significant experience with, I will not be comparing them here.

2 comments:

  1. I bought one for my M&P project. I used the same muzzle brake, but my barrel is 4.95 inches so the muzzle brake does not sit flush to the gun. I could not find one shorter that was not for a compact. I did follow you on the guide rode though, good idea. It is a much heavier rod..

    ReplyDelete