Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cmore STS and BME Slide Mount

Ive been sitting on a C-more STS for awhile now and, having had zero progress on the mount i was hoping to use, I gave up and bought a regular slide mount. The model I decided to use is the BME M&P model, which holds the STS a bit higher than I would have preferred, but after seeing it all put together I may begin to change my opinion of it.

Installation was a bit interesting on a few levels. The first issue was to get the Trijicon rear sight off without sending the internal bits flying across the room. I used a MGW sight pusher tool to slide it most of the way off and put the whole slide assembly in a plastic bag to push it the rest of the way. No springs or retaining plates lost! Now on to the tough part of the job...

As i started fitting the mounting plate to the slide, it became apparent that the it would be an extremely tight fit. Tight, to the point that I had to back the mount out of the notch and file down the edges a hair. After that, it pressed snuggly into the sight groove, held fast by several set screws. The STS mounted tight, so no worries. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but will update with more info after I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment