Thursday, February 21, 2013

SJC Magwell and Slide Racker


As always, exceptional customer service from SJC. I won't go too into details, but they have won my business (Well, maybe not for gun smithing. That I like to do myself. Sorry guys).

The Magwell is about the easiest I have ever installed, whether it be on a glock, a smith and Wesson, a 1911 or an AR. Pop the big grip pin out, slap the Magwell on and tighten the included screw. Tape off the Magwell (so you don't scratch it) and grab a file to blend the polymer lip of the pistol with edges of the Magwell. Please note that if you are using Taylor freelance magazine extensions the screws on the extension retainer plate will leave superficial marks on the rear of the Magwell.

The slide Racker takes a little patience to get fitted, but no more than about 10 minutes of actual work. Once in place, I went the extra step of popping out the retaining screw and drilling a small dimple into the top of the slide so that the retaining screw would have something to grip, rather than impacting strait into the flat base of the dovetail.

All in all, great additions!


No comments:

Post a Comment